Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Bipolar moreover

The day started off messy and morose.  At one point, I found myself almost crying in my office for 2.5 seconds.  Maybe it was the nightmares last night.  Maybe it was not being able to talk to hubby enough in the past few days.  Maybe it was the weather.  Maybe I pissed off someone in the karmic retribution.  Whatever.  The day went on....and my mood did brighten eventually.  Enough to bake another loaf of bake another loaf of my now famous banana chocolate chip bread, kale bacon tomoato and parmesan non-frittata, and fixed myself a steak dinner with mixed green salad w/ tomato vinegrette and balsamic olive oil side pasta. 


This time I sprinkled extra chocolate chips on top of the loaf before putting it in the oven.  Noone ever quibbled over a couple extra chips did they?



I used day old french bread as the crust base for this egg breakfast/ lunch/ dinner beauty.  Then I sauteed bacon and mushrooms together for some juiciness and salty goodness.  Kale had to be cooked separately to get some bitter out and to wilt a bit.  Combine it all with some egg, layers of parmesan cheese and top with tomato chunks.  Enjoy this great way to use up leftover anythings. 




To be honest, the steak could have been seasoned better...or at least marinated at all.  I took the lazy girl way out and cooked it in the pan.  Egaads... I know.  The dressing on the mixed greens salad is a lovely tomato vinegrette with feta cheese, cucumber bits and carrots.  Even the pasta dish was a leftover special.  Leftover pasta from the other night, mixed with a dash of balsamic, EVOO, salt, pepper and some butter.  Microwave and stir.  Toss in some parmesan shreds and revel in its simple yumminess. 



So my lovelies- there may be a chance that I am channeling my need for a companion into a new habit.  As long as I am learning new things and occasionally sharing with others, I can readily justify the gluttony.  Plus it tops randomly crying or constantly shopping/ spending money.
Food craving today-- meat!

No comments:

Post a Comment